Creative photography + light-painting workshop in Toronto
05 Aug 2015
*** NEW Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/ericpare ***
**Join the Facebook event for updated details**
My next "mastering studio quality photography using light-painting techniques" workshop in collaboration with 500px will occur in Toronto on September 27th. I'll cover all of the tools and techniques I'm currently using, plus new ones that have not been published yet.
- Location: Toronto, TBA
- Price: $250
- Date: September 27th from 1pm to 5pm (doors open 30 minutes before the event)
- Half of the time is reserved to participants for guided experiments with my tools
- Seagate: 4TB Backup Plus Fast Hard drive (value of 310$CAD)
- Spiffy Gear: Light-Blaster + Gobo kit (value of 250$CAD)
- Light-painting Brushes Light-painting kit
- 500px: Two one-year "awesome" account.
- Fujifilm: XP80 underwater camera (value of 230$CAD)
- Downtown Camera: 100$ certificate gift
Kim will handle the draw at the end of the session in a very fashionable way :)
Previous workshop recap: San Francisco, Mexico City, New York City.
Get a notification for an upcoming light-painting workshop in your city >>
Mastering studio quality photography using light-painting techniques
What is covered?
- Deep understanding of properly lighting the subject in space and time
- Preparing your model with the right breathing / posing techniques
- Creating huge flares
- Working with different shapes, colors and angles
- Preparing the equipment
- Mastering studio-quality photography by shaping the light by hand instead of using regular studio equipment (softboxes, umbrellas and strobes)
- Creating unique visuals and expand your creativity using light-painting techniques
- One-second light-painting
- Camera / lens / tripod / remote-control setup
- What kind of flashlight to use
- Presentation of the different modifier tools used
- Preparing the model to ensure perfect stillness, resulting to very sharp pictures
- Understanding quality of light vs ambiance light
- Standing poses
- Creative uses of the floor
- Mastering huge flares
- Testing with different angles
- Back light-painting
- Participants experimentations
Some of ny recent light-painting work
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to get more info about upcoming projects.
If you ended up here trying to find info about the light-painting tubes, search no more, everything is explained here in full details: fb.com/groups/ericpare.