Light-painting / stop-motion in the deep playa at Burning Man 2013
25 Aug 2013
*** NEW Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/ericpare ***
- Tuesday 27th: Tests and location finding at 7pm. I need 2 persons if possible. Meet me at Laissez-faire/2:00 at 7pm
- 28th,29th,30th: I'll be at Laissez-faire/2:00 at 7pm each of these days for briefing and schedule.
- We'll be doing stop-motion light-painting from 1 to 3 angles (3 cameras well placed to capture the dance). One dance last about 3 minutes when done, but only a few seconds when played back. I'll always stand behind you to make the light with my flashlight
- We won't be able to shoot for very long I think... it gets cold very quickly. I need 3 to 5 participants per night (more if you can handle the cold) + some people to help with the cameras. ***make sure you have seen the documentary! http://lightspin.ca/ It clearly explains how it's working. Dances are always improvised.
- I won't do a full stop motion with everyone showing up, but be sure you'll have at least one cool light-painting picture
- Wear your best costume, but nothing too big, as I won't be able to do the light.
- Photographers: I'll explain my technique and give you all the info you want to know, but I'll handle the light.
- Don't bring any illuminated objects/flashlight/poys. I have my light tools :)
- We need to be in the dark to make it work, so we'll go a bit away from the playa.
- Burning Man has to approve the pictures before publication. That's the way it's working. See rules here: http://www.burningman.com/press/
During the day
- I'll do also some OVER-THE-HORIZON and Stop-motion+timelapse shootings during the day on the playa from 9 to 11am everyday.
- Meet me at 9am at Esplanade/2:00, or try to find me... here's what I look like: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607751879270093
- If you want to book a shooting with me, send me a message using Burning Bell, or write me an email before August 26th. I'm currently in Las Vegas.
- My playa name is simply Eric Paré. You can leave me messages using Burning Bell, I'll get them everyday.
- Yes, I have my official accreditation by Burning Man press department.
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to get more info about upcoming projects.
If you ended up here trying to find info about the light-painting tubes, search no more, everything is explained here in full details: fb.com/groups/ericpare.